Friday, April 12, 2024

Scary excitement

 

My trusty old laptop is literally falling apart at the seams. Did you know they're held together by itty bitty screws? 

See that gap? EEK. And no, it can't just be "screwed back" because the holes are stripped.

This MacBook Pro was the latest and greatest over 10 years ago, a generous Christmas gift from John which took me kicking and screaming from the PC world over to Appleland, never to return.

It's served me well on countless trips, tapping out thousands of blog posts since 2009 and the home of my 17,000 photos, neurotically organized in chronological order by month and year (once a librarian, always a librarian.) 

I placed an online order and will pick up a new MacBook Pro at the Apple Store today. Then the fun part begins, as the new machine copies everything off the old. At least that's how it's supposed to work using Apple's Migration Assistant. I'm thinking positive. In general, Apple makes it easy to upgrade their devices. Which might be one reason they have a market cap of $2.70 TRILLION.

 Have a good weekend. If the computer gods are favorable, I'll be back Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment