Thursday, February 15, 2024

Wintry mix

 

A bit of snow fell last night, although it will soon change over to cold rain. February is typically the last month to see white stuff in Seattle, so let's just call it winter's swan song. 

We are tired of winter. Thanks to La Nina, it's been a relatively mild one in the Northwest, but still our usual share of grey, wet, cold days.

Ironically, my last regular shift at the Senior Center Cafe yesterday was the best ever! The customers were like familiar old friends! The kitchen manager said she would miss me because "I know what I'm doing." Her first compliment! The volunteer coordinator gave me flowers! I guess there's nothing like leaving to generate sudden appreciation. 

Anyway, I offered to work as a substitute in the Cafe, a good compromise. And it's nice to know I'd be welcomed back later in another volunteer capacity. Why burn bridges?

No comments:

Post a Comment