Tuesday, February 20, 2024

On the other side

 

My Valentines flowers were too pretty to throw away, but not quite fresh enough to carry all the way to Twisp. So I left them on the deck yesterday to drop their petals without making a mess inside for John.

The weather here is dreary, with bare ground and grey drippy skies, but no complaints. I have a good window for driving and this pattern should hold until Saturday. Next week they expect a big mountain  storm. I'll be safely back in Seattle by then. 

 

The girls are on winter break, unfortunately at the same time Amanda has an extremely busy week. She is completing her preceptorship hours in Wenatchee, then a final immersion testing weekend at Gonzaga over in Spokane. 

She's finally on the last stretch of her degree (yay!) and what a tremendous accomplishment in such a remote area. Thousands upon thousands of driving miles-- and this advanced degree would be hard enough living in a major city.

Anyway, my job is keeping an eye on the girls while Tom works. They are pretty independent, but Nova has chores at the barn where she works in exchange for riding lessons, so I'll drive her there and get some exercise helping out. Maya and I will find something to do. And I'm just enjoying the peaceful house in shoulder season. Everything exactly as I left it-- what a treat.


No comments:

Post a Comment