Sunday, February 18, 2024

Bluebird days

 

Some photos of Amanda and the girls skiing with friends at Mission Ridge this week. Looks like a perfect day, which have been few and far between this winter. It's been drier and cloudier than usual in central Washington.

Helmets and goggles are now de rigueur. What a good thing. Not to mention, snow pants. I loved skiing as a teenager, and sewed myself a pair of corduroy knickers. I wore them with my school knee high socks. Only rich people had real down coats. In Colorado you can ski in jeans and in the spring wear shorts, the snow is powder dry and the sun so intense. No one cared back then because skiing was for ordinary people and not that expensive.

But what I wouldn't have given for an outfit like this!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment