Monday, January 2, 2023

Janus

 

Looking back, looking ahead...

Wintergreen Seattle was downright tropical yesterday after the below freezing temps and 10 foot piles of snow. The sun came out briefly and it was nearly 50 degrees. 

We sure enjoyed the belated celebration, in fact Amanda and I talked about making it a regular thing. It felt nice to stretch the holiday out instead of cramming so much in one day. 

Before we left, I cleaned the house and put my cute little decorations away. So the last thing I wanted to see was a dried up Christmas tree here when we got home. So that's the project for the day, along with many loads of laundry. I don't bother to wash when we're there for short winter visits.

January, frankly, is my least favorite month, but this one has more fun stuff than usual. We have symphony concerts, a week in Palm Springs at our favorite old place, and I'm starting a new volunteer job at the West Seattle Senior Center (more on that later.)

You might remember I've been a hospice volunteer for several years. I did all the training during the first year of the pandemic and it was life-changing. I'm grateful for that. The problem was the organization served south King County, so most of the patients were over an hour away. Not really feasible from here, especially while our bridge was out. 

I'll never forget the two patients I did visit in in nearby Burien and it was a hard decision to let this go. But the volunteer requirements became too much with so few referrals. It's pretty involved staying certified and current (as it should be.)

Anyway, on we go into the new year. How are those resolutions coming along? John never makes them, so he doesn't have to worry about breaking them. Smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment