Tuesday, January 17, 2023

About time

 

A unique amaryllis flower, worth the long wait. It was supposed to bloom by Christmas. I potted two big fat bulbs in November, but the other one has barely stuck its head up. Maybe Easter. They say to put them in a "warm, sunny window." Good luck finding that in Seattle this time of year.

Speaking of time, January 17th is "Ditch New Years Resolution Day." That is, if you made some in the first place. With goading from my new Apple watch, I've upped my exercise routine, kudos to me. The other resolutions are hardly worth mentioning, because I make the same ones every year. A long-standing favorite: Be less judgemental.

Happy to say things are starting to dry out in California, just in time for our trip to Palm Springs. By next week, temperatures in the 60's and the sun shining on a freshly-washed desert. 


1 comment:

  1. The orchid which my cousin gave my mom when mom was hospitalized in 2021, and which I was given custody of when mom moved to skilled nursing care, looks like it's tuning up to bloom. I have northwest facing windows, I'm on the third floor, and I live next to a tree, so what sunlight I get is indirect and filtered during the summer. My peace lilly has five blooms on it, so it evidently likes living here too.

    ReplyDelete