Thursday, September 15, 2022

Peaches and rain

 

An impulse purchase at Lone Pine Fruit and Espresso yesterday-- only $20 for a giant box of peaches. Who could resist? I don't have canning apparatus here but thought I'd try freezing some. When snow is on the ground, winter peach pie and cobbler sounds pretty good. 

I inched my way through the West Seattle detour early yesterday morning with the happy thought it was (probably) for the last time. The repaired bridge is scheduled to reopen on Sunday, after 2 1/2 long years, with much local fanfare. That means when we come back next week, we can zip straight off the freeway instead of weaving around for that last tiring bit. That is, if we don't miss the exit and automatically take the detour through Georgetown! Ha.

It rained hard last night which cleaned the air out nicely. It also caused a landslide on the North Cascade Highway, which is closed today along with Stevens Pass still closed for a fire. So, two main routes across the state are shut down. That means extra heavy traffic over Snoqulamie and Blewett Pass. I'm just glad I drove yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment