Thursday, February 3, 2022

Where was I?

 

Oh, yes. February 3rd is "Feed the Birds Day." What pleasure backyard feeders have brought during the pandemic home isolation.  Our birds (mostly chickadees, sparrows, juncos and now pigeons) hoovered through almost a garbage can of food since November. I'll keep it up a little longer, but they are on their own when nesting season starts.

Once birds are attracted to your feeder, you have effectively adopted them and they become dependent upon the seeds. For this reason, I don't put out a feeder while I'm in Twisp, even though it would be fun to attract the many different varieties over there.

And the other reason is, it would soon look like this.

Our weather is trending slightly warmer, with highs getting close to 50 by next week. January was an isolating month, between the weather and Omicron surge. I go slightly nuts, just stuck inside the house. All the birds in the world are not enough to amuse me anymore. So this afternoon I'm going to the arts and crafts session at the senior center again. It's relaxing to sit there doodling and listen to other people chatter. 

Have you been able to find your free masks?  Seattle is a big mask wearing city, so I suspect they will be snatched up immediately. We didn't get our test kits in the mail yet, either. 

Like my sister says, the crisis will be over about the time they arrive. That's OK. Although I'm hoping to get back to the weekly Ukes practice this month, and a good mask would be nice. I refuse to be gouged by Amazon more than I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment