Friday, February 4, 2022

Friday

 

 

A cheerful sight on a dark, early spring morning. Two bunches of cut daffodils from Trader Joe's pack quite a floral punch for $4. 

It's Friday already. Maybe time is speeding up after the doldrums of January. This is the first no football weekend in six? months what will we do with ourselves on Sunday afternoon. 

I'm in the middle of a messy outdoor project to redirect a brick path out to the garage aka shed. There have been complaints from the person I live with that the existing path is now "too close" to a tree I never expected would grow so big so fast. Story of my life. 

Anyway, it's a dirty, unrewarding job digging up sod, prying out bricks and relaying them, more or less level. Of course they won't be perfectly level since I've lost whatever patience I once had for perfection in this old wabi-sabi yard. 

The backyard needs a major renovation-- new deck, paving, fencing and most of all, something to replace the gently collapsing garage aka shed. When it falls down in the alley I suppose we'll be in trouble with the great City of Seattle. I don't want to think about it now.

Anyway, look at these lovely eggs laid by the Twisp hens, while the Methow Valley is still in the full grip of winter. The girls feed them delicious and nutritious grub treats, maybe that's the secret.

I hope you have some good grub this weekend. See you Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment