Friday, November 19, 2021

What a world

 

$1.77 a pound for asparagus flown all the way from springtime in Peru. It's a strange world, when our local produce is so expensive. Once you get over the weirdness of eating fresh asparagus in November with a roasted yam. No problem here. These are weird times.

John hears me complain about prices whenever I come back from the grocery store. Shopping and cooking seem to be my main hobby these dark days. I've never seen food prices rise so fast.

We're lucky and can eat just about anything we want, but I draw the line at this. A whole cooked Dungeness crab at the Pike Place Market will set you back $84.99.  Click HERE if you don't believe me.

Most of that critter goes in the trash for a couple cups of succulent meat. 

Enough of that. On to other food talk. I had a wonderful bowl of pho (inside a restaurant!) yesterday. Made especially delicious, because it's first time I've been out to lunch with a friend in almost 2 years. Such a simple and lovely thing that I'll never take for granted again. Great seeing you, Nancy.

Well, up and at em. Mr. Nguyen is coming later this morning with my compost. Full report on Monday. Have a good weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment