Thursday, November 4, 2021

Hitchhiker

 

The yard is a soggy mess, now gone full circle from beautiful to quite nasty looking. It would help if I raked up leaves and rotting apples, but it's too depressing in the rain. 

I found a last lonely dahlia blooming and a perfect little snail popped out of the petals in the warm house. He's was still there this morning munching so I put him back outside.

Good weather for snails, slugs and ducks. We have a parade of storms lined up and not a single sunny day in the long term forecast. This is typical for November, although as I've said before, our weather patterns seem more persistent and extreme than in the past. 

It looks especially messy because I didn't mulch with leaves this fall. Mr. Nguyen needs a dry day to spread compost, hopefully that happens before January when things start growing again.  At least we can look forward to an early spring. We just have to get through the next two very dark months.

Well, anyway, time to turn our attention to indoor activities. After being cooped up at home all last winter, puzzles have lost their charm. The hospice program hasn't got going yet, so I'll look around for another volunteer activity in the meantime, a job that gets me out of the house for casual social interaction. I am one of those people who enjoys small talk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment