Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Dry to wet


 Seattle is wet in November.  End of weather news.

Yesterday was travel day. Marji and I had the morning to catch up before my afternoon flight so we made good use of it talking non-stop. Hopefully a little more overlap next trip, but it was a wonderful visit with Dad made even better by that heavenly stretch of weather.  

Fortunately, no big delays coming home, although everything takes longer as air travel roars back. If you venture out again, pack your patience. Las Vegas is typically a really efficient airport, they are good at moving people through fast so they can start emptying their pockets on the Strip. 

I'd never seen such a long security line at McCarran, so once again, it pays to be early. We hear about the labor shortage and supply chain problems and here it was, in living color. The nicer restaurants were closed and Burger King had a line snaking down the concourse. I have not sunk that low (yet) so I bought a wildly expensive semi-stale sandwich and found an empty gate to sit and eat it.

 Despite all the hassles, people were nice and generally well-behaved. Suddenly I'm offered help more often from strangers.  I might not be feeling my age, but apparently I'm looking it.

 Here's wonderful quote, from a blog I follow called The Owl Underground:

“The great secret that all old people share,” wrote Doris Lessing, “is that you really don’t change in seventy or eighty years. Your body changes, but you don’t change at all. And that, of course, causes great confusion." 

I asked Dad how it feels to be 97, and he just said "I don't believe it."

It's catch up around the house day, although John was a good housekeeper and even washed the towels and  sheets! Which goes to show, old dogs can learn new tricks.

 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out. Glad you had a fun, safe trip!

    ReplyDelete