Monday, August 9, 2021

What a week

 

The week went by in such a blur. Let's see. Last Monday, we drove over to Twisp planning to bring the girls back to Seattle with us on Tuesday. Instead we stayed another night and worked all day at the house. 

We got a lot accomplished despite the awful smoke. Then we came back to Seattle on Wednesday and had the kids here for two non-stop busy days. Amanda and Tom arrived late Friday night and everyone left Sunday. You can't pack more into one week.

But other good things have also been happening. This is dad with with my brother and sister in Utah, celebrating our nephew's return from his two-year church mission. Marji and dad drove from Las Vegas, and Dave down from Washington making a big loop through Colorado to check on dad's house.

A lovely picture of Dad and my niece Julie. 

We're going to rest up and enjoy our quiet life here for a few days. We had a bit of rain over the weekend and cool temperatures, but it's supposed to get hot once again in Seattle. This will surely go down as one of the hottest, driest summers on record.

This afternoon I'm hosting a group of The Ukes again for backyard practice. I'm embarrassed to say I haven't picked up my ukulele for over a week. But everyone is rusty after the long pandemic. John will probably head for the hills until it's over and I don't blame him.


No comments:

Post a Comment