Tuesday, August 17, 2021

River house

 

Pretty light on the hills last night at sunset when I walked home from dinner. The drive yesterday was as good as it gets. I took my time, the weather was fine and traffic light on the mountain passes. I left the house at 6 am. The worst part is getting in and out of Seattle.

When you finally pull in the driveway, that nice "ah" feeling finding everything just as you left it. I've brought more personal things over, so it feels more like our home instead of someone else's vacation rental. That part is still sinking in, that I can do whatever I want here. Put a picture on that wall? No problem.

I hosed light ash off the outdoor chairs and deck, the inside seems to stay cleaner than our house in Seattle. Not much dust. Maybe because this manufactured home is 4 years old instead of over 100. And not stuffed with old furniture, rugs and fabric.

We really caught a break with the weather and smoke-- at least for now. It's cool and breezy this morning. The bedroom window is open and I just watched some deer walk by. 

What a change from the smoky triple digits, when everything was closed tight and the AC roaring. But despite the clouds, there's only a slight chance of rain this week and wind is bad news with fires still burning. One day at a time. 

The girls will be with me most of the time so I'll be busy. School starts next week and it can't come soon enough for both parents and kids.

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment