Wednesday, May 6, 2020

National Nurses Day

June 2014
Nursing school graduation
Omak, WA

Nova "pins" her mom
Today is National Nurses Day, in honor of our daughter Amanda and so many others. In this time of crisis, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.


We were so proud of her on that big graduation day. I remember the candle-lighting ceremony brought tears to many eyes in the dark auditorium. Each new RN lit her candle from a shared flame, and recited the traditional "Nightingale Pledge."

With full knowledge of the responsibilities I am undertaking, I pledge to care for my patients with all of the knowledge, skills and understanding that I possess, without regard to race, color, creed, politics or social status.
  
I will spare no effort to conserve meaningful life, to alleviate suffering and to promote health.  I will refrain from any action that might be harmful to the quality of life or health of those I care for.  
I will respect the dignity and religious beliefs of patients under my care, and hold in professional confidence all the personal information entrusted to me. 

I will endeavor to keep my professional knowledge and skills at the highest level and give my support to all members of the healthcare team. 

With full awareness of my qualifications and limitations, I will do my utmost to maximize the potential of the nursing profession and to uphold and to advance its standards.

Bravo!

No comments:

Post a Comment