Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Take a walk


April 3 is National Walking Day, the free and easy exercise with great health benefits.  Only about 22% of Americans get even the minimum of recommended exercise a day.

How did Americans get so lazy? I never see children playing outside unless they're in an adult supervised activity.  We have the worst news always at our fingertips, but is life really so much more dangerous? Back in the day, kids were free-range and got kicked out of the house until dinner time.

OK. End of cranky old person rant.

I'm happy to say it's raining this morning, we need it. San Francisco got more rain than Seattle this winter.

I'll walk on the treadmill for a bit today, but speaking of exercise, I've been off my usual busy routine while this cold grinds slowly through the stages. This makes me feel worse than the actual cold. It finally feels like the end is in sight, but those were some powerful kid germs. I rarely get sick. Of course, after giving it to Nana, Maya shook it off in a couple of days.


No comments:

Post a Comment