Monday, April 15, 2019

Green, green


The warmth returned to Las Vegas after I left, of course, so they can sit out on the patio again. Dad is slowly but surely recuperating, and has home visits from the nurse and the physical therapist this week.  Everything is in place for recovery-- it's just going to take time and patience.

My goodness, it feels cold for April in Seattle, although they say close to normal, the furnace is still running full time. I went to the grocery store on Sunday, then busy inside catching up with laundry and chores.

A wet, chilly April is actually a good thing, keeping the lowlands moist before the summer drought, and the snow-pack going a few more weeks in the mountains.  At least according to our weather expert, Cliff Mass. Everything is lush and full of promise. I love this time of year in the garden. All too soon, we'll be complaining about lack of rain. 

A lily pokes up his mighty head...

I was worried how the perennials and bulbs would fare, buried under that thick layer of compost. No problemo.  I need to start weeding, although the compost has kept the riff-raff tamped down.  It was $300 well spent, and maybe I'll splurge again on another 3 yards. But who wants to think about fall?

We are The Emerald City in The Evergreen State. We have Green Governor running for president with a Green Agenda. Bet we are Greener than Ireland right now.

That 1963 hit song "Green, Green" by the New Christy Minstrels has been looping through my brain. Thought I'd share the ear-worm. Sorry about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment