Friday, April 5, 2019

Happy Friday


It is sweet hearing rain outside the bedroom window. I've been tired and going to bed earlier than usual, so I wake up even before John's obscenely early alarm.  For such a strange, cold winter, it's been quite dry. Now we have a series of wet, windy storms coming in and could get several inches of rain. More typical April weather for Seattle.

Yesterday my doctor confirmed what I suspected, that this was a mild case of flu, not just a slow-motion cold. I'm using the optimistic past tense here; surely it has almost run its course. My new doctor is a calm and wise naturopathic physician, and she said if I haven't been sick for a long time (I haven't) this will help recharge my immune system. Goody. A positive spin on 10 days of misery.

We're going to the Symphony Sunday afternoon-- always nice on a wet weekend.  Tomorrow John is taking me out for vegetarian pho lunch, a known cure for whatever ails you.  I also have a gift certificate (birthday present) for Fran's Chocolates burning a hole in my pocket, so we'll stop at her flagship store in Georgetown, which looks more like a jewellery store than candy shop.  They say chocolate works even better than cough syrup.  Who wants to argue with that?

Have a good weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment