Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Parade of storms


An exciting ride on the Edmonds-Kingston ferry run this week. And this is within the relative calm of Puget Sound waters; on the Washington coast, these winter storms often have hurricane force strength.

Our coastal hurricanes never make the national news because it is still so wild and isolated out there. Anyway, I think most of the country has a hazy idea of Pacific Northwest geography, namely the difference between Puget Sound and the Pacific Ocean.  The nightly news showed a little clip of this ferry ride last night when they were talking about travel delays across the country. That was kind of cute.

Speaking of travel, I have a 5:50 am! flight to Las Vegas tomorrow morning. A cruel and unusual hour to make it to the airport and then through security in time. I offered to take Uber, but John says he will drive me. I had originally booked a more reasonable 8:30 flight, but it was cancelled (thank you, Alaska Airlines.)  People like to believe an airline ticket guarantees them a specific seat on a specific flight. Sorry, you have only purchased a transportation contract, requiring them to take you from point A to point B (on their terms.)

Anyway, I'm taking my computer but will be offline tomorrow. Will check in with some sunny pictures later this week. I'm really looking forward to spending time with my sister and dad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment