Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Busy doing nothing


Honestly, this new pastime seems to be bringing out my OCD tendencies.  I got obsessed with freehand drawing this castle, and of course couldn't get the perspective exactly right on those battlement things. 


Ditto, here's a William Morris design that you could mess with endlessly and never be done.  Perfect for the OCD personality. Well, this awful weather has to improve sometime, then I'll be too busy working outside to have much time to sit and doodle.

Despite my portrayal of self as a cross between Martha Stewart and Picasso, I spend an inordinate amount of time doing plain old housework.  The other day when I lifted this rug to clean, the vinyl pad had adhered like glue to the wood floor. That unfortunate discovery launched a big hands and knees job with a plastic ice scraper, stiff brush and wood floor cleaner.

Poor, poor pitiful me.


2 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at your choice of sound track for your rug pad clean up. You have to watch those rug pads as whatever they make them out of does not interact well with the products that were used on older "real" wood floor like varnish finishes and floor waxes. The pads are really made for tile, "no wax" vinyl floors, and the new-fangled "engineered" wood floors that come out of boxes. If you use them on "real" wood floors that have been finished with stain and then varnished, you are likely to have this problem. And not just floors -- any finished wood surface such as a table top-- I put some of this stuff under a table lamp on an end table top to keep the cats from pushing the lamp off it and had the exact same problem -- ruined the table finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. It was the wrong type of pad for wood floors in the first place, and I got away with it for a decade or so. Then, surprise!

    ReplyDelete