Thursday, February 15, 2018

Home again

Sunday Tea Time
Stephen Darbyshire

The writer of a blog I follow describes it this way: "A diary of the trivial, mixed with a few big events."  So true, and I'm back to the trivial after a nice long visit in Las Vegas.  Trivial meaning a backlog of laundry, treadmill at the gym, grocery shopping, and so on.

I made it home fine yesterday, although my flight was delayed. Apparently they found a "small dent" on the plane that had to get duct-taped, glued or something.  For better or worse, they don't give you the details.

As we sat patiently strapped in our seats at the gate, it was amusing listening to the rumors flying around the cabin.  A nervous lady across the aisle told the flight attendant she heard there was a "luggage size hole" in the plane.  The flight attendant just laughed and assured us she was sure not flying to Seattle if that was the case.  But it reminded me of that Story Carousel party game.

I spoke too soon about February spring weather in Seattle.  Not so fast.  It's going to be cold early next week, with nighttime temperatures in the 20's and a possibility of snow on Sunday. So much for those geraniums.  But it feels good to be home and time for some good, simple food.  I'm making bean soup today with a ham bone (not exactly Lenten) that was stashed in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment