Monday, February 5, 2018

And there was light



Bless my soul, the sun came out yesterday afternoon.  I heard people exclaiming in excitement as they walked by on the sidewalk. I pruned and fertilized all the roses while the turkey did its thing in the oven.  Everything is growing like crazy.

The mulch and weeds need to be cleared off (a hands and knees job) but I try to give the hyacinths and tulips a head start first. They're just poking their heads up. I can't tell you how many I've accidentally squashed or sliced off over the years.

The turkey was delicious, but a Thanksgiving dinner for two is a bit over the top. At least for the cook. Cleaning up took forever, but now the leftovers are stashed in the freezer and we have real turkey sandwiches to look forward to this week.

Fly, Eagles, fly! After six decades, a Super Bowl win for Philly. What a satisfying and fitting end to the game-- people in the neighborhood were actually setting off fireworks. In Seattle, we know something about being underdogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment