Friday, January 13, 2017

Mountains out of molehills


Are you a happy-go-lucky person who never frets about the future?
Then you can skip this post.

Here's some advice for the rest of us, who sometimes get caught worrying about all the bad things that might (but probably won't) happen.

Just a few simple, calm questions to ask when you start to feel anxious about the future.

1.  Is this "bad thing" a fact or an assumption?

2.  Am I jumping to conclusions?

3.  Am I catastrophizing? (Imagining the worst possible outcome)

4.  What evidence do I have to support my negative prediction?

5.  What evidence does not support my negative prediction?

6.   Am I underestimating my ability to cope?



Aren't these tulips pretty?  I think a soul-numbing trip to Costco deserves an impulse purchase treat in the shopping cart. Of course, that's what Costco hopes, too!

Spring is just around the corner in the Northwest.  Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment