Friday, August 14, 2015

Keep on the sunny side

These girls are the sight I'm craving.  We have some August birthdays to celebrate and are headed across the mountains tomorrow to visit the family.  Is this possible?  We haven't left Seattle since the reunion back in June.  No wonder I've been in a slump. A change of scene (and our girls) sounds like just the ticket.

As far as unwelcome sights go, this curtain cheered me up yesterday.  It does a great job of blocking the view of the alley and construction zone when I sit at the kitchen table.  Or walk around in my nightgown.  It's pretty simple really. If you don't want to look at something-- don't.

I went to that rather awful Bed, Bath and Beyond store yesterday. It's filled to the rafters with useless things but I was pleasantly surprised you could still buy old-fashioned spring curtain rods and cafe curtain tiers.  And a nice old-fashioned saleslady helped me pick some out.  I guess there's nothing more important in life than finding the little things that make you happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment