Thursday, May 21, 2015

Weekend forecast


The light is beautiful on the roses in their first May bloom, especially in the early morning and evening.  Sunset isn't until almost 9 pm now.

I was propped up in bed about that time last night reading, and feeling like an old fogey listening to the neighborhood kids shrieking in their yards.  There's plenty of energy to spare this time of year. It must be the light. Everyone loves it, but I suppose some tired parents miss those dark winter early bedtimes.

It's the noisy time of year. I heard snarling outside early this morning, and the young raccoons were wrestling around in "their" garden.  Not a great picture, because as soon as I poked my phone out the window they gave me a dirty look and took off.


Can you believe it's Memorial Day weekend?  The year is almost half over already.   The weather looks like a mixed bag here for the next few days-- clouds and showers in the morning, but if we're lucky it might burn off by late afternoon.

We're looking forward to seeing Amanda, Nova and Maya this afternoon (Tom is driving over later) and they will stay with us.  It will be a full house of fun and definitely not quiet!  :-) I should have some new pictures of those big girls to post soon.

If your weekend plans involve travel, remember be patient, be safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment