Thursday, September 25, 2014

Remembering




Somewhere in time's own space
There must be some sweet pastured place
Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow
Some paradise where horses go,
For by the love that guides my pen
I know great horses live again.

 

~Stanley Harrison


A day doesn't go by when I don't think of my old horse, and each September 25th marks another anniversary of her passing on.  Can it really be four years now?  All that's left are memories and pictures and there will never be another Sizzle, but I'm lucky to still have horses in my life.  One of the greatest gifts she gave me was wonderful, generous horse friends like Dolly.  I hope your ankle is as good as new soon!  Looking forward to many more of our quiet and "uneventful" trail rides on Spanky and Belle.

No comments:

Post a Comment