Friday, June 6, 2014

Another anniversary

Morning
Poll Hopper

June 6th is the anniversary of Feathers and Flowers.  On this morning five years ago I hit the "publish" button on Blogger for the first time with great trepidation.  I can still remember that scary feeling of "being out on the Internet."

Ha!  Well, don't we get used to things? I seem to have no trouble now blabbering on in a way that sometimes borders on narcissism. On the other hand, I wish I'd had the discipline to record the "events of the day" many years ago.  Handwritten diary or blog, it doesn't really matter. Paying attention to the small things can be life transforming.

Anyway, that very first post is still on the blog  (click here) with a photo of my beautiful horse, along with all of the 1,587 entries written since June 2009.  Thank you, oh Great Google Storage Plan in the Sky for preserving all those words and thousands of images for a few pennies a day.

You know you've been blogging for a long time when you start to use your blog as a reference tool. (Now... how DID I make that recipe?) But the real gratitude goes to my little group of daily followers. Thanks for sticking with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment