Friday, February 7, 2014

Packing for Sun-Adventure Land

The best feeling in the world has to be packing for a sunny destination on a cold, dark winter morning.  What to take?  On days like this, it's hard to believe it's actually warm somewhere.

Despite my best intentions to "go light this time," I always over-pack, prepared for anything and everything like the elderly person I'm fast becoming. Besides, how can you shop on vacation if you don't have a big suitcase to stuff right up to the 50-pound limit?  Since Alaska Airlines charges 25 bucks for a checked bag, might as well get my money's worth. 

So far no snow in Seattle, but south of here it's a different story. Schools are closed, the I-5 freeway is a mess and Portland is pretty much shut down.  Hopefully the snow won't make it north. The good news is the "atmospheric river" is pointed at California for a change, which keeps us dry and helps alleviate their horrific drought.

Arizona looks dry as a bone. They want rain, but won't be getting any next week. Yea.  I'll check in later, hopefully with some pictures of a pasty, white couple blinking in the desert sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment