Friday, August 9, 2013

A nice job

Yea! We can forget about the hedge for another year. There were a few moments of suspense and drama yesterday. Of course I was peering out the window watching as they trimmed. I noticed the top edge sloping up on one side of the yard about 3 feet. Yikes.  They were only skimming the top. Lazy.

So the Wicked Witch of the Hedge went out to have a chat with Mr. Le, who declared it was not possible to trim evenly because the top was "too wide and the wood was too thick."  When have I heard that excuse?  I looked unhappy and told him to please do what he could, because we never wanted to have a twenty foot tall hedge again.  I went back in the house. Mr. Le went off for a coffee break.  I was not optimistic.

Well, of course it is possible to bring the top down, but that involves crawling through the belly of the monster and lopping by hand. 
I don't know what he told them, but his hard-working guys jumped right in. In just 3 hours they were done. Mr Le came back and pocketed his massive check.  But it was money well spent for a quality job. The hedge hasn't looked this good since Geraldo went back to Mexico. Best of all, the beast is tamed and the job next year will be a snap.


No comments:

Post a Comment