Friday, December 2, 2011

Into the wild blue

"Keep calm and carry on."

I didn't write a blog entry this morning because I was busy charging up my travel devices: Ipod, Nook, miniature computer, digital camera, etc. Remember the days when you stuffed a paperback and a roll of film in your carry-on? Now technology has simplified our lives and I hardly know who to thank. Like any other seduction, I suppose we only have ourselves to blame for the complications.

Anyway, I'm off to Colorado and looking forward to a visit with my parents next week. John is staying home and eating teriyaki take-out for a few days. The high temperature in Cripple Creek will be 11 degrees tomorrow and there's a 60% chance of snow across the state. Which makes Seattle sound like Miami.That shivering airplane above is in Denver, where I'll (hopefully) connect in a similar flying machine for a 30 minute flight to Colorado Springs. Providing my blogging technology works, I'll check in when I reach the cruising altitude of 9,494 feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment