Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bright and cold

Rosebud River Ranch

Yesterday I rode for the first time in two weeks and my legs reminded me of that when I hobbled out of bed. Wouldn't it be great if we could get "in" shape as fast as we get "out" of shape?

We've had a stretch of nice clear weather in Seattle, with a high pressure system sending all the Pacific moisture north into Canada (or somewhere-- good riddance.) Vigorous windshield ice scraping is required in the mornings. Out in the foothills, it was as good as it gets this time of year, and after my lesson I rode around the ranch with an old buddy getting caught up on the latest barn news and gossip.

I rode a Palomino mare named "Belle" and she was a good sport, although on the frisky side yesterday. Of course, she would rather eat hay with her best friend (below) than try to become a fancy dressage horse. So we're two of a kind-- I'd rather ride around in the sunshine chatting than work hard in the arena. Don't look for me at the horse show anytime soon.


All creatures love hanging out with friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment