Thursday, October 13, 2011

How it goes...

Some early mornings, I have my coffee and I'm pretty sharp. On other days, I'm dull as dirt. This dark, cold weather sure doesn't help The Muse. A traditional Chinese doctor would say I have "dampness on my Qi." The Qi is the vitality or energy flow through the body.

The symptoms of damp Qi are a feeling of heaviness in the body or head
(check.) It comes from worry, overwork, over-thinking problems, lack of exercise, cold food and weather (check.) If your Qi is depleted, a serious "Yang deficiency" can develop, whatever that is (yikes.) Food is medicine in China, and seasonal diet therapy treats the Qi imbalances. How about a steaming bowl of snake soup in the autumn? (No thanks, I'll stick with Starbucks breakfast blend.)

Well, anyway. Our Qi's will be energized this weekend and I'll have something more fun to write about than what we had for dinner. We'll be seeing Nova, Amanda and Tom! Stay tuned for new pictures of our little princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment