Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cool shades


Everything old is new again.

Eyeglass frame styles come and go, but John and I tend to recycle what works. It's easier and cheaper than being burned on cute, non-functional frames for "progressive" lenses. Which is just a nicer word for "tri-focal." What good is stylish if you can't see?

But big is back. So the last time I had an eye exam, the hip staff at our local optometrist shop were excited when I grabbed a pair of aviator sunglasses off the rack. "I wore these back in the 70's!" I exclaimed. "Yes," the young man said, "aviators are a legendary and iconic style." Which immediately made me feel like his great-grandmother. "OK, sonny-- I'll take them."

They must have thought a senior citizen was being so daring. Ha. If they had only known me way back when...

I should have saved these frames. But at age 19, becoming an "icon" was the last thing on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment