Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bright, cold weekend

After running errands yesterday, I drove home along Alki Beach and left the car just long enough to take a few pictures. The snowy Olympic mountains looked beautiful across Puget Sound. Despite the bright day, it didn't get above freezing here. With a stiff north wind blowing, only a few hardy dog people were walking near the water. But the sea birds were happy.
Here's a classic Seattle view across Elliott Bay. That seagull was nice to fly in front of my camera at the perfect moment, and make me look like a better photographer than I am.

Well! Tomorrow is our 18th wedding anniversary. How about that. I'm thinking of family and friends who were with us on that winter day in 1993. It's nice, because we have Symphony tickets and so a reason to "go out" tomorrow afternoon. Instead of coming home and eating warmed-up stew as usual, maybe I'll twist John's arm to take me out for oyster happy hour downtown.

3 comments: