Sunday, January 2, 2011

Resolutions

Even though yesterday was January 1, it was still a holiday and around here any resolutions don't kick in until this morning. As usual, mine have a familiar ring to them. John doesn't make resolutions at all, believing himself to be close to perfection as is. Or if he does make them, he's smart enough to keep it to himself :-)

Anyway, we had a nice brunch yesterday with our old friends Terri and George. I made some diet-busting pecan sticky buns, and a strata casserole.
This is the sort of recipe people get excited about when they stay at a B&B, but it's simple for the cook. You make the entire dish the night before, so the loaf of bread can soak up the 3 cups of half and half, grated cheese, Italian sausage and the 10 eggs. (I told you diets don't start until today.) The recipe is off the Internet-- let me know if you're interested.

After lunch, serious discussions and deliberations about choice of chocolates:
We'll have another sunny cold day in Seattle. Today I'll be working off some of that strata taking down the Christmas tree and cleaning up the piles of pine needles.

It's one day after Christmas
I'm crabby and I'm broke.
I'm so full of ham and fruitcake
I think I'm gonna croak.

(anonymous)

No comments:

Post a Comment