Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tis' the season...


Here's something nicer than fried sausages. Standing rib roast! I even had to look for a recipe to remind myself how to cook it. They're on special this week at all the grocery stores, but it isn't something I usually throw in the cart. So I asked John if we should freeze it for a company meal later, and he said, "now sounds better."

There are all kinds of weird tips and cooking methods, including putting the roast in a scorching oven, then turning it off completely and going away for 3 hours. But...a little seasoning, a 350 oven and meat thermometer (trust it) is all you need. Yes, it was an indulgent meal for two on a cold, rainy Saturday night. But it cost less than dinner at Appleby's, and we didn't have to drive anywhere near the Mall. And the wine was better. And we had French dip sandwiches on Sunday. So the list of good things goes on and on. I hope your busy weekend was tasty, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment