Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Leaf raking time

Autumn Leaves
John Millais
This painting is considered Millais's masterpiece. It doesn't tell a story, but shows four young girls around a smoldering pile of leaves they just collected from the garden. Oh yes, the transience of life and beauty which is overwhelmed with the passage of time...


The wind has been doing a good job whipping leaves around in our neighborhood this week. And here's some real life raking humor:

1. I love the feel of back pain so early in the morning.
2. I've just filled 20 bags, and I've barely made a dent. I'm moving to Arizona.
3. Repeat often: Leaves make good compost, leaves make good compost...
4. I just stepped in doggy doo. Ugh.
5. I hate the wind. I hate the wind. I hate the wind.
6. Where's Beaver Cleaver? He'd rake my leaves for a candy bar.
7. I'm wheezing, I'm freezing and I'm sneezing.
8. Now I know why "rake" rhymes with "ache."

No comments:

Post a Comment