Friday, October 23, 2009

See the fall colors


"Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn."- Elizabeth Lawrence

Easier said than done, after the busiest summer I can remember! But I like the quiet season of late fall before "The Holidays." Just ignore the sight of Halloween and Christmas back-to-back in the stores. I looked out the window yesterday at my soggy garden, and decided to take my time with the clean up for a change, rather than complaining and rushing around in the cold rain. After all, the mess isn't going anywhere. I'm looking forward to seeing my friends again, and looking ahead to the new year. Who knows?

Amanda, Nova and Tom are headed home today to start a winter routine of their own. In a few short weeks, they all will be back for Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment