Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The last garden roses

Our little home weather station barometer has been dropping like a rock since we got back Sunday. No rain yet in Seattle, but the wind is picking up and the sky an unpleasant shade of yellow-grey. I saw on the news northern California and the Oregon coast already have a major Pacific storm in, and we hope the honeymooners are snug and warm in their cabin watching the waves with a cup of cocoa or glass of champagne.

The garden is dry, dry, dry--probably for the last time in many months. I ran out this morning in my p.j's to snatch these roses before the rain ruins them. What a summer! And I got my wish to do Amanda's wedding with some of my own garden flowers, like this fragant white David Austin English garden rose. Pretty amazing, for October.

I hope all our friends and family have arrived safely home, or will soon be there. Many thanks to all who made the long trips to eastern Washington for the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment