Monday, March 4, 2024

Fun weekend

 


Our friends Karen and Bruce stayed with us for two nights on their way back to Twisp. They spent seven weeks in a rented house in the village of La Manzanilla.  

We enjoyed hearing about winter in a relaxing Mexican town and how they spent their time. Karen is more of a beach person, but Bruce braved chigger bites to explore the local jungle, then painted the exotic birds. Anyway, they are delightful house guests and it was an indoor weekend of good food and conversation. 

Bruce teaches art to kids, so I was brave enough to show him my old pencil sketchbook. He had some great suggestions, especially about using watercolors to brighten up my little black and white drawings. 

This hobby fell by the wayside in recent years, which is sad. These days I spent more time looking at a computer screen than what is actually in front of me. I'm so out of practice, but encouraged now to start drawing again.



No comments:

Post a Comment