Wednesday, April 13, 2022

So cold

 

The unpleasantly cold spring weather persists with snow all the way down to the lowlands, unheard of in April. On the bright side, the tulips should last a good long time in this florist refrigerator. And yes, everything is very green and looks nice after the first mow. All tidy.

I was sure glad to get back yesterday afternoon after a tiring, winter-like drive. Fortunately, the road surfaces were OK, but occasionally the snow squalls were so intense it created white-out driving conditions. 

You know things are getting serious when the big rigs actually slow down. I followed one over Snoqualmie Pass (at a safe distance.)

When I finally reached the insanely busy junction of I-90 and I-5 (sun shining, almost home) a woman nearly wandered in front of my car by the homeless encampment there. Welcome to Seattle. It's a notorious spot, where people cross the freeway all the time, but still a jarring sight. Heaven forbid, nothing happened, or I'd probably still be sitting down there sorting things out.

Anyway, all is well. Not much going on for the rest of the month except hunker down and check off a slew of routine appointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment