Friday, January 21, 2022

Get Up

 

Between the winter weather and the pandemic, it's easy to become socially isolated. And frankly, things that were once easy and enjoyable are stressful. Before you know it, you're in an unhealthy rut cooped up in the house all day. It takes an effort to change. 

"Get Up Offa That Thing" says the King of Soul. No excuses.

Our Senior Center is still open, but I stopped going to the weekly ukulele practice. A few brave souls show up, but between the small room, singing, and casual mask wearing, it seems like pushing your luck a little too far. 

Yesterday I decided to check out the weekly Arts and Crafts session. It was fun. People bring whatever they enjoy doing, like knitting, painting, collage, beading, etc. I like pencil drawing, especially copying flowers and plants from botanical books. Lately I have hard time concentrating at home. There's too many distractions, and I'm jumping up and down.

So it was relaxing to just sit for a couple of hours drawing and listening to people chatter. The session is very causal, but there's an instructor of sorts, who answers questions and gives suggestions if you ask. Anyway, she said my flowers would be pretty with a touch of watercolor and will give me some tips next week, something to look forward to.

Have a good weekend. Get out there if you can.


No comments:

Post a Comment