Tuesday, December 15, 2020

All I want for Christmas

How cute is that?  I'm so jealous. Where on earth can you get an adorable shepherd and his flock lighted lawn display?  I've noticed on my walks that people have gone all out with decorations this year. Some evening when it isn't raining (ha ha) I told John we need to take a drive around the neighborhood and see the lights. 

I guess that will be the extent of our Christmas outings. Not a single thing written on the fridge calendar this month, which is already half over.  Yea. Soon it will be time to raise a glass and toast how we weathered 2020.

As for cookies, not as many this year, but something I can still safely give to friends and neighbors.  So far I've made sugar cookies, snowballs, shortbread, date nut balls, white chocolate cranberry, and of course, one batch of coconut dream bars. 

It helps fill the long hours at home. And a little plate of cookies with tea in front of the TV is pretty nice on a dark, wet December night.  In 2021, a new resolution to ditch the stretchy pants.


No comments:

Post a Comment