Monday, November 27, 2017

My buddy

  Good dog

I like all horses and dogs in theory, but only a few have ever really stolen my heart like Roger. He was my best buddy while the kids were busy with their cousins this weekend.  He was either hanging out sweetly underfoot in the kitchen, or wedged in his favorite safe spot between the coffee table and sofa.  Roger is an intelligent, sensitive listener and understands English, some of his favorite words being: "walkies, squirrel, Amanda and turkey."

Speaking of turkey, I think everyone got their fill. I certainly got my fill of looking at it.  I stuffed the bones, skin and leftover gravy in a freezer bag and when I can face it, I'll simmer the mess down for Mexican style tortilla soup. We had chili last night, and tonight split pea soup-- taking a break from poultry this week.

So, Black Friday was a success for retailers and now Cyber Monday.  They're projecting people will spend 6 billion dollars online.  Doesn't sound like a very productive day at work.  Shopping is fun, but what do we need to be happy, really?  The blessings of decent health, friends and family to spend time with, and a  warm and cozy November home.

Speaking of blessings, Amanda, Tom and the girls left yesterday and are safely back home in Twisp.

Onward to Christmas...


No comments:

Post a Comment