Monday, December 19, 2016

Christmas countdown


"The Ukes" are having a Christmas potluck this afternoon so I made some deviled eggs to take.  Everyone likes deviled eggs (except John, of course.)  I don't follow any particular recipe on the rare occasions I make them (surprise) so they never taste the same twice.  But these turned out delicious, if I don't say so myself.  It must be that dollop of full-fat Tillamouk sour cream along with the mayo.

Tomorrow is my big sugar cookie day.  John's work potluck is Wednesday and I need to get the trays ready.  The cut-out cookies are already baked and stored in my wonderful new little freezer, so I "just" have to make icing in the morning and decorate several dozen.  Where are those little girls when I need them?

Sugar cookies and coconut dream bars are the perennial favorites with his Boeing coworkers.  Both are kind of a pain to make, but hey-- it's just once a year.

I know this is a busy week for everyone. John is off Friday and doesn't go back to work until 2017. We're getting ready for our trip to Las Vegas.


No comments:

Post a Comment