Friday, December 2, 2016

A whiff of snow?


Every day last month was warmer than usual, with an average temperature of 51 degrees. We had 70 degrees on November 6th, and record rainfall all month. Seattle spring-like weather. I walked around the neighborhood last weekend and noticed some of the early ornamental cherry trees were already blooming.  It was strange seeing pink petals mixed in with fall foliage on the sidewalk.  

Now the December weather pattern is supposed change with cooler than normal temperatures. Folks are starting to freak out about those snowflakes showing up on their weather apps early next week.  We shall see-- snow is notoriously hard to predict in western Washington.  Regardless of snow, there will finally be an overnight freeze and I have to find a place inside for the big jade plants if I want to save them.

The only other news around here is appliance news. I've always wanted a freezer and now I finally have one.  I ordered it online from Walmart and it showed up on the front porch in an immense box.  John and I wrestled it downstairs into this crevice in the laundry room, the only space left in this packed house. Right now it contains a big bag of crab legs, Costco spring rolls, a small turkey and assorted meats and leftover meals. It's the perfect size and I love it. Why did I wait so long?


Oh yea, the dishwasher broke (again) last night.  We have to replace it every few years. The only model with a door that will open fully in our tight kitchen is cheap. It gets heavy use and doesn't last very long.  If I find out today Hotpoint discontinued that model,  I'll doing dishes the old-fashioned way.   One step forward, one step back.

Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment