Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Showing off early







The garden is really struttin' its stuff early this year. I can't ever remember a May this warm and dry in Seattle.  These are the pictures I usually show off in June.


What's a garden without a little mystery? I found this piece of deer antler yesterday. A kid didn't throw it in the yard, because it was hidden behind the fountain.  It is well-chewed, so I'm guessing a discarded raccoon toy.  I see them every morning from my desk, frolicking around and looking for new trouble.

Speaking of mischief, last night a raccoon knocked out power to 38,000 people in Seattle. Really. He climbed over a high razor wire fence at a substation near Ballard, probably after crow eggs in a nest.   A neighbor said said he heard an explosion, and then saw city workers with a dazed raccoon. One person said he was arrested alive and taken off in a box, but there are conflicting news stories as to his fate.  I did not make this up.  CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment