Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Routines

Tending the Garden
Robert Lewis Reid

Everyone is home safely, and today we are all back to work, school and our regular chores. I think routines are reassuring not just for kids but grown-ups too.  Sleeping, eating, practicing, reading, writing, exercise give our lives structure and help us focus, while taking our minds off things we cannot change. Of course, being human, our routines sometimes go by the wayside, and it takes a bit of effort to get back on track. (I WILL go to the gym this morning.)

It was special spending family time with our amazing dad.  The trip was only four days, but so eventful it seems like we were gone much longer.  Especially when I walked in the backyard yesterday afternoon, and saw the forest of bamboo shoots. Apparently a person cannot turn her back on those roots for a moment. Never mind, I'll make quick work of them with my weed-eater today.

No comments:

Post a Comment