Monday, March 9, 2015

The primrose path

It was a gorgeous spring weekend in Seattle, and like many of our neighbors, we were busy from start to finish.  On Sunday morning John changed all the house clocks and watches.  This takes a long time, and after making breakfast I try to stay out of the way.  I think the sunshine and blue sky helped our "spring forward" grumpy routine, but nothing takes away the awfulness when that 4:20 alarm becomes a rude 3:20 wake-up on a dark Monday morning.

People rave about having it "still light at 7 o'clock" but that isn't much consolation for folks who have to get up early.  Lucky me, I stayed in bed for another dazed half hour this morning nursing my coffee, but if you had to be at work, you have my sympathy. 


While John was springing clocks forward yesterday morning,  I escaped to the barn and had a nice quiet ride on Spanky.  This view sure clears the head of cobwebs. Thanks, Dolly!  He was a super good boy, other than wanting to munch down every green fern in sight :-) but he got two apples later for all this strenuous work.

What else happened? Another impulse purchase by the person who always vows no more bulbs this year.  Well, who could resist that color combo?
The star azalea blooming, very lovely in a simple way.
A freshly mowed lawn.  Yea, John.
Hyacinths and daffodils blooming...
And I cleaned up and hosed out our slightly crooked but still precious wabi-sabi gazebo, built by dad in 1983. It's my favorite place for a glass of wine. My heart will break when these beautiful old pots finally crack and the gazebo falls down. Not this summer.
A new bird house hung on the garage.  Thanks, John.  This was a Christmas present from Amanda and Tom (suitable for fancy wrens) and probably soon to be inhabited by house sparrows.
I cleaned the moldy grill; John bought propane. I made steak on Saturday, and last night a nice spring chicken dinner.


Got the fairy gardens all ready for little girls.
Oh, we miss them.
But here's a picture of our darlings, sent by Amanda on Saturday morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment