Friday, March 27, 2015

March winds down


If a task is once begun
Never leave it till its done.
Be the labor great or small
Do your best or not at all.

Oh, yesterday was beautiful day.  It hit 70 in Seattle, the warmest of the year so far.  I worked outside and then John mowed after work, good thing, because rain is back for the weekend.

I'm grateful for his lawn mowing service.  I don't mind slashing around with my excellent new weed eater, but mowing is a big job, winding around flower beds and other obstacles.  John says it's about 4,000 steps according to his FitBit, a couple of miles of mowing, I guess. That job takes the place of his afternoon walk.


He was rewarded with a special spring dinner, though.  I bought some scrappy looking lamb "steaks" and cut all the morsels of meat off the bone, marinated them and made grilled kabobs. With homemade hummus and couscous on the side. 


The spring garden is so pretty and lush outside the bedroom window, which was wide open for a while yesterday.  There are just a couple windows here where a person can look out without seeing other houses or power lines. These little views are precious.

No concerts, no activities this weekend.  I was going to take a "granny square class" at a yarn shop in north Seattle, but just heard on the news it's going to be traffic gridlock trying to get around Seattle with several main highways (including the Alaska Way Viaduct) closed for construction.  Maybe I'll crochet at home on Palm Sunday afternoon.  Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment